5 Local Businesses That Can Enhance Your Self Care
Lots of folks are making more of a point than ever to support local during this latest stay-at-home order. If that's you, here are five local businesses that can enhance your self care in turn for your support.
1. Anna's Garden, Home and Wellness. Plants are trending hard right now, and for good reason - they have myriad benefits for our mental health. Shop Anna's selection of beautiful houseplants, including ficus alii, peperomia frost, and agave lavender.
2. Plant Joy. What's better than donuts? How about vegan donuts created by one of the sweetest people we know? Every week, owner Jordynne Ropat and her team cook up delectable confections made-to-order just for you. And you're in luck - preorders for the week open every Sunday. Indulge your sweet tooth and feel good about it.
3. Blind Owl. Make tonight special - get dressed up and have a stay-at-home cocktail hour with your housemates using one of Blind Owl's cocktail kits. Choose based on your favourite spirit (bourbon, rum, or gin), or go with tried-and-true selections with their Classics Cocktail Kit.
4. Martha Munroe. A regular exercise routine is one of the most effective things you can do for your wellbeing. Local fitness expert Martha Munroe has created an on-demand fitness website dedicated to joyful movement and self-acceptance. For only $16 a month, you can stream her fun, functional virtual studio and start feeling great from home. Want to try before you buy? Check out her free five-day, five minute workout challenge.
5. Soul City Music Co-op. Approached with intention, music can help us to manage anxiety, energize us, or trigger happy memories. The artists at Soul City Music Co-op make beautiful music to enrich our lives. Co-founded by Windsor singer-songwriters Mike Hargreaves and Crissi Cochrane, the label takes no percentage of its artists' earnings or rights, and instead fosters sustainable self-managed music careers. Check out their website to purchase singles, digital albums, physical CDs, and swag.
What other local businesses are helping you support your self care this month? Let me know in the comments below.
Take care of yourself,
Debra Purdy is the owner of ShopEco, a voracious reader, and a bona fide skin care fanatic. Current skin care obsession: Artifact Skincare Pure Konjac Sponge. Current read: Real Happiness at Work by Sharon Salzberg.