by Victoria Symons
Join us for our next installment in the ShopEco ’20 Facts About Me’ series (find Debra’s facts here and Melissa’s facts here). Enjoy the following facts about ShopEco Manager, Victoria, some of which we’re sure you would never guess. If you enjoy these articles, why not help us get to know you by sending us 20 facts about YOU? Include a photo with your e-mail and you may be featured in an upcoming blog post.
20 Facts About Victoria
1. My nickname at home is “Zen” because I am so calm and quiet.
2. My favourite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas; I have watched it over 600 times.
3. I love collecting things; my biggest collections include socks and key chains.
4. I graduated from the University of Windsor with an Honour BFA in Visual Arts focusing on Photography. I often still do photo-shoots for family and friends.
5. I have a secret love for magic!
6. I have kept every movie stub from all the movies I have seen in theatres since 2003.
7. Every time I go to a museum I get in trouble for putting my face too close to the paintings. I am so amazed by them I want to see the brushstrokes as closely as possible.
8. I have a self-admitted unrealistic fear of sharks and therefore refuse to swim in any oceans or seas.
9. I have a lot of pet peeves, like utensils clacking against teeth, loud chewing, and shaky legs.
10. A group of friends and myself get together every Monday night to play Dungeons and Dragons.
11. I always set the clock in my car 5 mins fast so I am never late.
12. I experience random hiccups throughout the day which have been lovingly named “Viccups”.
13. As an avid Disney lover, my upcoming wedding will be in the theme of Beauty and the Beast.
14. My fiance and I have been to a handful of Comic Conventions in Canada and the USA (in costume, of course).
15. I seem to have an attraction to car accidents; I have been witness to about 20 and have been victim to several myself.
16. I spent a year abroad living in Finland. While there I visited 9 other countries including Italy, Sweden, and Austria.
17. While in Finland I went to a 3 day Heavy Metal concert and saw some one my favourite bands. A few of the headliners were Finland’s own Children of Bodom, Slipknot, and Disturbed.
18. I have one sibling, Alexandra, and she looks the exact opposite of me. She has short blonde hair, blue eyes, and is much taller than I am.
19. I am a comfort junkie. I love being wrapped up in blankets and pillows in my pjs. Alternatively, I have a closet dedicated to gowns for the times I feel like being exceedingly fancy.
20. There is a good chance you will catch me at one of the local coffee joints on any given day; a large part of that is thanks to my inability to make coffee at home.
Victoria was born and raised in Windsor and has travelled abroad many times. A University of Windsor graduate in Visual Arts, she brings her creative spark to most everything she does. Victoria has been working with ShopEco for approximately 3 years and is known for her cheery disposition and generous spirit.